PRE-TRIP INSPECTION (EXTERIOR)
- There are no leakages or obstructions underneath the vehicle.
- This wiper is fine.(Right side)
- The tread of the tyre is correct.
- The sidewall is undamaged.
- The wheel nuts have been checked.
- The valve cap is on.
- The tyre pressure is correct.
- Both head lights, parking lights and indicators are clean and undamaged.
- The bonnet is secure.
- Underneath the bonnet the water, oil, brake fluid and the drive belts have been checked.
- This wheel (left front) is checked the same as the right front wheel.
- This wiper is fine. (Left side)
- This wheel (left rear) is checked the same as the right front wheel.
- The fuel cap is on.
- Both the rear lights are clean and undamaged.
- This wheel (right rear) is checked the same as the right front wheel.
PRE- TRIP INSPECTION (INTERIOR)
- All the doors are closed.
- The hand brake is on.
- The vehicle (car) is in neutral.
- There are no obstructions at my feet.
- The seat is adjusted.
- The mirrors are adjusted.
THE EXAMINER WILL REQUEST THAT YOU OPERATE THE FOLLOWING;
- Park lights & head lights
- Stop lights & tail lights
Starting Procedure Before Roadtest
- The handbrake is up
- The vehicle is in neutral
- All the warning lights are off
- Switch ignition to “on” and mention that the warning lights are now on (functional)
- Start engine and mention that the applicable warning lights are off.